- Pollution caused from airplane fuel is the subject of a public hearing Wednesday at 1:30 p.m. Details here.
- Make sure you're "Patched In" to get alerts on breaking news as it happens in town this week (and after), make sure you are signed up to get our emails. Click on the 'get the daily newsletter' at the top, right corner of this page. (If you see something that says, "hi, username," then you're already registered. In that case, click on "email settings" under the drop-down tab under your name.)
- A public hearing will be held Wednesday from 4:30-5:30 p.m. on a proposal to replace an existing one-story 880-square-foot home at 120 Vista Place with a three-story 3,149-square-foot single-family residence with an attached garage. The hearing will be held at the Henry Medina West Los Angeles Parking Enforcement Facility, 11214 Exposition Blvd.,
Los Angeles, 90064.
- Three cases will be heard at a Wednesday meeting of the Land Use and Planning Committee of the Venice Neighborhood Council. One involves the conversion of a duplex to retail/office/food to go at 1420 South Abbot Kinney Boulevard. The other twos cases involve property at 812 Main Street (the request includes a change that will allow a restaurant) and 613 Rose Avenue (the request includes a restaurant with a full bar). The meeting is from 6:45-9 p.m. at the Oakwood Recreation Center, 767 7th Avenue.
- Get ready to do the Venice Art Crawl Thursday from 6-10 p.m. Put on by the Venice Chamber of Commerce, the art crawl is designed to foster and strengthen communication and collaboration within the Venice community through art events that happen the third Thursday of March, June, September and December. Thursday night, Danny's Venice, 23 Windward Avenue will be the location of an information booth and Venice Art Crawl maps.