- Get some free yoga in on Wednesday 10:15-11:15 a.m. at the Abbot Kinney Memorial Public Library, 501 S. Venice Blvd. Bring a mat. Info here.
- A proposed mixed-use hotel at 1033 Abbot Kinney Blvd. should bring lots of voices out for Wednesday's 6:45-9 p.m. meeting of the Land Use and Planning Commission of the Venice Neighborhood Council slated for the Oakwood Recreation Center, 767 California Ave. The agenda for all business that night can be found here and here. Learn more about the project on Venice For Change.
- On Thursday, the Mar Vista Community Council Santa Monica Airport Ad-Hoc Committee will hold a meeting on the Santa Monica Airport to discuss Sunday's crash at the airport and the pollution the facility creates on a daily basis, according to their website. The meeting is slated fro 7-8 p.m. at The Coffee Connection at the corner of Venice Boulevard and Centinela Avenue. The agenda is here.
- Make sure you're "Patched In" to get alerts on breaking news as it happens in town this week (and after), make sure you are signed up to get our emails. Click on the 'get the daily newsletter' at the top, right corner of this page. (If you see something that says, "hi, username," then you're already registered. In that case, click on "email settings" under the drop-down tab under your name.)
- Friday is the day to recycle your electronic waste free of charge during the Venice Farmers' Market, 500 North Venice Boulevard, from 7 to 11 a.m. when an Electronic Recycling Solutions truck will be on hand to collect E-waste, according to the Venice Neighborhood Council website.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something