- Venice resident Jim Bruce's documentary "Money For Nothing: Inside the Federal Reserve," is playing through Thursday at the Laemmle Monica 4 in Santa Monica, 1332, 2nd Street; (310) 478-3836. Bruce directed and produced the film, narrated by Liev Schreiber, that features interviews with top economic minds from around the world, including Paul Volcker and Janet Yellen, candidate to be the next Federal Reserve Chairperson. The film is touted as an "independent, non-partisan, non-conspiracy-theorist look at the Fed’s impact on our lives."
- Nighttime art comes alive Saturday in Santa Monica during Glow. Details here.
- Make sure you're "Patched In" to get alerts on breaking news as it happens in town this week (and after), make sure you are signed up to get our emails. Click on the 'get the daily newsletter' at the top, right corner of this page. (If you see something that says, "hi, username," then you're already registered. In that case, click on "email settings" under the drop-down tab under your name.)
- Mar Vista's Nico Marques is an architectural photographer whose work is now on display at the Architecture + Design Museum downtown in its "Never Built: Los Angeles" exhibit. Details here.
- The Herbalife Triathlon LA takes its mark with an ocean swim from Venice Beach followed by a bike race through Venice toward downtown L.A. Sunday morning. Traffic, parking and other details here.