- The Mar Vista Community Council Santa Monica Airport Ad-Hoc Committee will hold a meeting about Santa Monica Airport to discuss Sunday's crash and the pollution the facility creates on a daily basis, according to their website. The meeting is slated for Thursday 7-8 p.m. at The Coffee Connection at the corner of Venice Boulevard and Centinela Avenue. The agenda is here.
- Make sure you're "Patched In" to get alerts on breaking news as it happens in town this week (and after), make sure you are signed up to get our emails. Click on the 'get the daily newsletter' at the top, right corner of this page. (If you see something that says, "hi, username," then you're already registered. In that case, click on "email settings" under the drop-down tab under your name.)
- Friday is the day to recycle your electronic waste free of charge during the Venice Farmers' Market, 500 North Venice Boulevard, from 7 to 11 a.m. when an Electronic Recycling Solutions truck will be on hand to collect E-waste, according to the Venice Neighborhood Council website.
- What's in terminology? The L.A. City Council wants to amend terms for who can be elected to a neighborhood council.
- Have some fun at a sunset mixer for young professionals Thursday night and learn how you make a difference in Venice and beyond.