.

Don't Let Carbon Monoxide Posion You

Ovens, ranges and outdoor grills pose a hazard to your health when used indoors.

Carbon monoxide (CO) is an odorless, colorless gas that kills without warning. It claims the lives of hundreds of people every year and makes thousands more ill. Courtesy CDC
Carbon monoxide (CO) is an odorless, colorless gas that kills without warning. It claims the lives of hundreds of people every year and makes thousands more ill. Courtesy CDC

People with natural-gas fired heating systems should be on guard against carbon monoxide poisoning, which is typically caused by poorly vented furnaces or incomplete combustion. Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning can include nausea, headaches, drowsiness, confusion and flu-like symptoms. Alarms are available at home improvement stores.

Avoid using ovens, ranges and outdoor grills for heating. They can emit carbon dioxide and present a fire hazard.

- City News Service

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something