Brina Marcus of Flightlinez, its operator, who hopes to re-open in March.
Despite not being profitable in its 2013 90-day pilot program on Venice Beach, Marcus said the company is putting together its proposal for 2014 and will just have to "see how the city plays."
The company's current permit requires them to be off the beach by Oct. 1, though Flightlinez did ask the California Coastal Commission for an extension, she said. That request went unanswered at last week's Coastal Commission meeting so she said the zipline needed to be closed to allow for disassembly and grass restoration.
"It's been a beautiful run," Marcus told Patch Monday. "The community embraced us and we've had lots of positive comments."
The zipline attraction, which was first suggested in 2011, finally opened on July 23 this past summer after construction delays and wind pushed its intended July 1 opening back, she said.
Flightlinez operated the attraction in partnership with the City of Los Angeles Department of Recreation and Parks. The 40-second long ride was expected to attract 500 to 1,000 people each day , with a portion of proceeds going to the city to help clean up the Venice Beach area.
- Previously: Venice Council to Hear Zipline Proposal for Venice Beach (May 8, 2012)
- Previously: Venice Zipline Set to Open This Month (June 17, 2013)
- Previously: Public Opinion Still Divided on Opening of Upcoming Venice Zipline (June 19, 2013)
- Previously: Venice Zipline Breaks Ground, Opens July 8 (June 27, 2013)
- Previously: Venice Zipline Opening Delayed (July 9, 2013)
- Previously: Venice Zipline Will Open… Soon (July 16, 2013)
- Previously: Venice Zipline Opens Today (July 23, 2013)
- Previously: Zipline Artists at Venice Beach Today (July 30, 2013)
- Previously: Patch Takes a Ride on the Venice Zip Line (August 1, 2013)
- Previously: Fly Through the Air at Venice Beach (August 30, 2013)