1. It's raining, it's pouring... don't go in the water. Remember Coastal Cleanup Day? Well, the big take-away is that everything on the streets of Los Angeles washes out to sea. When it rains, as it is doing today, all the cigarette butts, doggy-doo and McDonald's wrappers are pushed into the storm drains and out to the beach. Yum.
2. Early bird tickets are available now for the second annual Taste of Abbot Kinney, Sunday, Oct. 24. Tickets are $2 per taste, but you can get a discount if you buy now. Proceeds go to support Inside Out Community Arts.
3. Model, actress and Venice resident Lauren Hutton has joined the cast of Love, Loss and What I Wore, at the Geffen Playhouse. The play, by Nora Ephron and Delia Ephron, will run Thursdays to Sundays through Oct. 24.
4. Venice made national news: The New York Times ran a story this morning about RVs and parking in Venice, titled "California Cracks Down on People Living in Vehicles." Thoughts?
5. On a lighter note, Mondays are half-priced wine night at James Beach. Grab a friend, grab a bottle, and start the week off right!