Improper storage of home improvement materials, including chemicals, was blamed for a non-injury fire that destroyed the deck of a home in Venice tonight.
The fire at 405 E. Howland Canal Court was reported just after 7 p.m., Brian Humphrey of the Los Angeles Fire Department said.
Neighbors called 911 and used hoses to keep the blaze from entering the home, which sustained some exterior scorching and damage to glass, Humphrey said.
The wooden deck, which was smoldering when fire crews arrived, was destroyed, Humphrey said.
--City News Service