The Los Angeles 13.1-mile marathon will close a few streets in Venice and Marina del Rey on Sunday to accommodate runners.
The race begins at 7 a.m. on Rose Avenue and Ocean Front Walk and heads south to Marina del Rey and ends at Playa del Rey by noon.
Marathon organizers will be collecting shoes from runners and residents who wish to donate them to Union Rescue Mission, a nonprofit serving homeless people. Runners who trade in their shoes at the end of the race will be given new flip-flops.
Race organizers will also set up entertainment stations featuring live music and performances along the route.
The following streets will be closed on Sunday:
- Pacific Avenue at Venice Boulevard from 6:45 a.m. to 7:45 a.m.
- South Venice Boulevard from 6:45 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.
- Ocean Avenue from 6:45 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
- Admiralty Way between 6:45 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
- Vista del Mar between Culver Boulevard and Grand Ave from 6:00 a.m. to noon