- The Mar Vista Community Council Board of Directors and the council's Planning and Land Use Management Committee will hold a special joint meeting Tuesday from 7-9 p.m. to discuss the Highland Park Patient Collective Medical Marijuana Facility at 3472 Centinela Blvd. and "community concerns including increased traffic; potential for a significant increase in crime; impacts to neighbors and compatibility with the character of this neighborhood," according to their website. The meeting will be held at the Mar Vista Recreation Center Auditorium, 11430 Woodbine St.
- The Venice Neighborhood Council will meet Tuesday beginning at 7 p.m. in the auditorium of Westminster Elementary School, 1010 Abbot Kinney Blvd. Gary Goelitz, vice president of the Matrix Consulting Group will give a presentation on combining City Planning and the Department of Building and Safety into one department that also includes Land Planning units residing in DOT, Fire, the Department of Public Works and the Bureau of Engineering.
- Occupy Venice will host its monthly event in conjunction with Food & Water Watch. The Tuesday night event will feature film and discussion about issues with our water supply. Join others at this free public event from 7-10 p.m. at 1320 Main St.
- On Saturday, Oct. 19, the Mar Vista Fall Festival will be held at the Mar Vista Recreation Center, 11430 Woodbine St., from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. The theme for the Oct. 19 event will be “Celebrating the Arts." More details here.
- Make sure you're "Patched In" to get alerts on breaking news as it happens in town this week (and after), make sure you are signed up to get our emails. Click on the 'get the daily newsletter' at the top, right corner of this page. (If you see something that says, "hi, username," then you're already registered. In that case, click on "email settings" under the drop-down tab under your name.)
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something