- Fourth graders at Walgrove Elementary are trying to raise enough money to make a trip to Sacramento to learn about California history and government. Visit their fundraising holiday boutique on Wednesday from 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Or, donate online.
- The 405 Freeway widening project will be one of the subjects discussed at a combined meeting of the Mar Vista Community Council Planning/Land Use Management Committee and Traffic and Infrastructure Committee Tuesday from 6-7:55 p.m. at the Mar Vista Library, 12006 Venice Blvd. A motion to ask City Council members Mike Bonin and Paul Koretz to have Caltrans post an "offramp closure at least one offramp before the closure (i.e., before the Santa Monica offramp for a Pico/Olympic closure), to allow commuters sufficient opportunity to take the prior offramp." Agenda here.
- The location of a container for the Winter Shelter Storage Program is on the agenda for the Venice Neighborhood Council Board of Officers' Tuesday night meeting as it tries to commit to a list of suggested locations to present to City Council member Mike Bonin. The meeting begins at 7 p.m. at the Westminster Elementary School auditorium, 1010 Abbot Kinney Blvd. Agenda here.
- The proposed hotel development at 1033 Abbot Kinney Blvd. and a mixed-use commercial building at 1414 Main St. are on the agenda of the Wednesday night meeting of the Venice Neighborhood Council Land Use and Planning Committee, 6:45-9 p.m. at the Oakwood Recreation Center, 767 California Ave. Agenda here.
- Follow Venice-Mar Vista Patch on twitter: Venice_MarVista.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something