It may be cold, it may be windy. Still that's no excuse to cocoon in place. Browse through these Westside events, whip out the scarf and take in some fun and recreation.
• Mar Vista — The Love Uninhibited Orchestra, a 15-piece ensemble, plays your favorite love songs at the free Mar Vista Farmers' Market concert, 3826 Grand View Blvd., Sunday, at 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. While there, why not pick up flowers and artisan chocolates for your favorite Valentine. Phone: 310-861-4444
• Culver City — Dying To Do Letterman chronicles Denise Mazan's journey establishing Your Neighborhood Studio while her husband, comedian Steve Mazan, faced his cancer diagnosis and worked to get on the Letterman show. The free screening of the hilarious, heart-felt documentary is set for Saturday, 8 p.m., at Your Neighborhood Studio, 3625 Hayden Ave. Bring your own chair or blanket. RSVP to email@example.com. Phone: 310-876-3498
• Santa Monica — Fairy tale characters frolic in the Stephen Sondheim's musical Into the Woods presented by Santa Monica High School. Performances at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. Saturday in Barum Hall on the school campus, 601 Pico Blvd. Recommended for ages 8 years and above. Tickets, $15 for general admission and $10 for students, can be purchased online. Phone: 310-395-3204
• Pacific Palisades — Has Anyone Here Seen Roy is a Diane Grant's comedy about a charming man named Roy who loves 'em and leaves 'em. His wives and girlfriends go on a funny and surprising hunt for Roy, their perfect lover. The play begins at 8 p.m., Saturday and Sunday, at Theatre Palisades, 941 Temescal Canyon Road. General admission is $20; $18 for seniors and students. Tickets available online. Phone: 310-454-1970
• Marina del Rey — Take in the fancy sailing boats and try kayaking and paddleboarding at the 2013 Los Angeles Boat Show from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday and Saturday at the Burton Chace Park docks, 13650 Mindanao Way. Tickets are $12 for adults and free for active military personnel and those younger than 15. Check out the show's website for more information.
Did we miss listing your favorite Westside event? Add it in the comments!