It's easy to go green in Mar Vista for St. Patrick's Day
1. Decorate. A quick trip to the will provide you with decor for your home, office or classroom.
, 12741 W Washington Blvd, 310-577-6678
Hours: Daily, 8 a.m. - 9 p.m.
2. Go to the Garden. There's lots of green at The Learning Garden, located at Venice High School.
The Learning Garden, 13000 Venice Blvd., 310-722-3656
Hours: Tue - Sun, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
3. Eat at Earl's. Earl's Gourmet Grub has a special sandwich for St Patrick's Day. The Publiner: Stout and brown sugar glazed corned beef on house-made soda bread with tomato chutney and pickled cabbage.
Earl's Gourmet Grub, 12226 Venice Boulevard, 310-313-1717
Hours: Daily, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m
4. Wear Green. If you don't have a green shirt, accessorize with a cap, scarf or green bag. Speaking of green bags, be sure to bring your reusable bags to the grocery store.
Whole Foods Market, 11666 National Blvd, 310-996-8840
Hours: Daily, 7 a.m. - 10 p.m.
5. Recycle. Mar Vista is very "green" and proud of it. is a community art center that uses recycled materials from businesses and turns them into art projects.
, 12958 W Washington Blvd, 310-393-3636
Hours: Sat, 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. Also, for private parties: Fri, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m., Sat & Sun, noon - 2 p.m., 3 p.m. - 5 p.m.
If you don't have time to go green til the weekend, check out the on Sunday, on Granville at Venice Blvd., from 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. Be sure to pick up some dark green lettuce, spinach and broccoli.
Make your friends green with envy and have a lucky St Patrick's Day!