We've gathered up the best Westside weekend events for your family. Pick an event or two and enjoy the holidays without straying too far from home.
• Marina del Rey Holiday Boat Parade — Watch a fireworks show at 5:55 p.m. Saturday and then see the colorfully decorated water vessels strut their stuff at the annual holiday boat parade. The contestants will circle the basin three times and compete for a grand prize. The best viewing spot to hear music and announcements is Burton Chance Park, at the end of Mindanao Way. The event is free; check for parking spots.
• Culver City Westfield Mall Hosts Blake Shelton — Blake Shelton, country music entertainer of the year and The Voice coach and judge, performs free on Saturday, 1 p.m., at the Culver City Westfield Mall's jcpenny. Parking available off Hannum Avenue at the mall, 6000 Sepulveda Blvd.
• Santa Monica Santa Arrival by Plane — On Sunday at about 1:30 p.m., the Big Guy himself arrives on a vintage World War II bi-plane at Santa Monica Airport. To view the arrival, go early and stand along Airport Avenue across from the Museum of Flying, 3100 Airport Ave. Santa will be available for photos through the afternoon. Admission to the museum is $10 for adults, $8 for seniors/students, $6 for children aged 6 to 12, children 5 and under are free.
• Venice Holiday Stroll — Take a walk along Abbot Kinney Boulevard Saturday from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. You can vote on the best window displays among the stores, many of which will stay open late. Carolers and free rides on the Venice Vintage Train are part of the fun, too.
On Sunday, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Abbot Kinney Boulevard, kids can enjoy winter crafts, sled down a real snow hill, get their faces painted and tell Santa what they want for Christmas at the Family Funday. Join Santa and his elves at the Brig parking lot from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Pacific Palisades Will Rogers State Park Shopping Event — Here's a chance to get in some shopping on Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. At the same time, see Will Rogers' historic home decorated for the holidays and watch a Parade of Horses, 5 p.m. at the park's polo field. Gifts available for sale include turquoise jewelry and western and horse-themed items. The state park is located at 1501 Will Rogers State Park Road in Pacific Palisades. Parking is $12.
What are you doing this weekend? Tell us in the comments and upload your photos!