.

Man Burned in Grease Fire at Mar Vista Apartment

The injured man was taken to a hospital for treatment of non-life-threatening burns to his hands, arms, neck and head.

Patch photo credit: Ajay Singh
Patch photo credit: Ajay Singh

A man was burned today when he used water to fight a grease-fueled stove fire that broke out in a second-floor unit of a three-story apartment building in Mar Vista, a fire department official said.

The blaze was reported at 7:13 p.m. at 3450 S. Sawtelle Blvd., said Brian Humphrey of the Los Angeles Fire Department.

The injured man was taken to a hospital for treatment of non-life-threatening burns to his hands, arms, neck and head and the other was being assessed at the scene, Humphrey said.

He was listed in fair condition, Humphrey said.

A second person, age and gender not available, was examined at the scene and declined treatment or transportation to a hospital, he said.

Thirty-nine firefighters responded and knocked down the flames in 20 minutes, confining the damage to the unit of origin, according to Humphrey.

--City News Service


Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »